Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Never Summer SL & K2 Auto Uprise
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 07:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Mysticfalcon
lost in the ugly trees

Well I have quite a few more days on this board now and I still really hold my initial opinion. This is the best jack of all trades board I have owned. I have done some serious steep and gnarly lines and it holds up to them just fine. I have never worried about it being able to hold its edge anywhere. Done a little bit of time on some boxes and it locks right in just fine. I have done a few log rides and it slides real well on those too. Sunday I did run down a steep skied off black trail at the highest speed I have ever been on a snowboard and that didn't even really upset the board.
Now for the bad. I got my first core shot sunday. I think I know which hit did it and I am rather unimpressed with the base. It is just a small one but I know that a smokin board would not have the level of damage that this board got. Any of the Burton or Nitro boards Ive been on however would have taken it much much worse. I do realize that this is a real hard thing to compare because no 2 hits to the base are the same but Ive abused the heck out of a smokin on much much worse terrain in october with less damage to the board.