Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Hmmmm.....am I the only one who doesn't love Never Summer's RC tech?
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 10:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
DrnknZag
Veteran Member

Default Hmmmm.....am I the only one who doesn't love Never Summer's RC tech?

Well, after my first experience on a rockered board last season and seeing all the rave reviews here, I picked up a 2011 NS SL as my main, all mountain board. I put a handful of days on it and got pretty used to the ride before I picked up a Ride Highlife to fit in my quiver between my Slackcountry and SL for my hard charging, big lines/drops riding. Anyway, I've pretty much been riding my Highlife exclusively for the past six weeks able the SL has been collecting dust.

Feeling pretty bad for the SL, I busted it out last Sunday and, holy crap, I couldn't get in a groove riding at all. I feel like the combination of the flex pattern and his much rocker they put directly between the bindings makes for a very unstable board at times. Any time you shift your weight front or back from a wonky landing or something, the opposite foot pulls the board waaaaaay too far off the snow because of the extreme pivot point in the center of the board. Made for some good laughs from my buddies though when I'd go way too far to the front and proceed to dig the front tip in.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the board. I just came to the realization that it's not perfect for my style of riding. Or maybe I just suck at snowboarding haha. I could go for a little less rocker in the middle to create a bit less of a pivot point. At any rate, I just wanted to open this up for discussion.

::waitsforthebanforhatingonneversummer::
DrnknZag is offline   Reply With Quote