Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - KYsnowboarder's UT->CO->WY trip report
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 11:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
kysnowboarder

Default KYsnowboarder's UT->CO->WY trip report

So far so good. I have had two almost blue bird days, the wind kept them from being true blue bird days. Snow Basin and the Dew Tour were awesome. The mountain had a wide variety of terrain including black diamonds that gave me some OH SHIT moments...no one will ever see the go pro video shot on these it was not pretty. I spent some time watching the slope style finals for both the women and the men, this cut into riding time but it was well worth it. I can't tell you how awesome it was to see this in person. These people are great athletes doing awesome things both on snowboards and skis. The atmosphere was awesome to.

Monday I road Powder Mountain..I was a little disappointed when I first arrived that the porcupine lift was shut down for the day, apparently it was broken. I quickly discovered that this place is hudge and there were plenty of trails to ride. I found some mellow tree runs that I pretty much stayed in all day, I shot some go pro video, I will post when I have a better connection...I will do a trip back here just to ride Powder Mountain...

Today I am going to hit Brighton up, will be doing some night riding with Snowvols

There a storm coming, thunder snow is predicted...this could keep me in UTAH longer...I may stay through Friday and us Saturday as a travel day, this will give roads time to recover from storm. It may mean dropping vail from the list, we will have see how things work out. Thunder Snow is predicted for the area...

I will posting pictures and be blogging about the trip on this forum but also on the link on my signature page, this will be where I will post pictures to...they will be at the 2nd link..

Last edited by kysnowboarder; 02-15-2011 at 11:59 AM.
kysnowboarder is offline   Reply With Quote