Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Linked my turns!!! with one problem :)
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 01:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
huskerdye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Sure, the "falling leaf" is simply traversing back and forth across the slope on one edge. To slow down and stop you pressure the uphill edge with the front foot (which ever one in is front depending on which direction you are going in this exercise). To go and pick up speed, you relax the uphill edge pressure and the nose start to drift down the hill and you start picking up speed.

One thing I like about this drill is to focus on an object at the side of the run and steer toward it. This teaches the rider to use very subtle pressuring movements to precisely steer the board across the hill.

Once you do this and then take it into your turns, you have the ability to very precisely steer your way out of a turn rather than skid to a stop...
Okay awesome! So can we use a scenario,

Let's say I'm on my heel edge transversing across the slope to my left (I didn't have problems with this transverse) and I'm wanting to begin my next turn. I relax my front foot and the nose of the board dips down the fall line, I then relax my back foot and then get on my toe edge with the front foot, looking where I want to go, not up the mountain. I put my shoulder over my front edge. Now do I need to lean more on that lead foot to my left, will that allow me to have a better transverse across the mountain, or am I missing the problem?

Thanks!
huskerdye is offline   Reply With Quote