Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Starting To Regret My Decision!!!

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  crash77 
#1 ·
I am a beginner. I have been snowboarding only once and have a 2 day trip, which will be the last of the season, scheduled for the end of this month. I let my anxiousness(sp?) get the best of me and I purchased a 2010 T.Rice board. My concern is I'm going to spend most of my trip frustrated fighting the board. I'm not sure what to do? I want to get the most out of this LAST trip. Should I get another board? Or do I risk not enjoying the trip with the T.Rice?

#3 ·
You're so inexperienced that I doubt you'll be able to tell the difference, on just your second and third days of riding, between a stiff board and a more forgiving, beginner-friendly board. For the longer-term learning process (more than just this trip), a softer board might be more suitable, but as long as the T. Rice is the correct size for you, you should be OK. There's no rule that says you can't learn on a stiffer board. And when you get better, you'll already have a good board on which to progress.

#5 ·
Take the T. Rice and if after the first day you're having problems with it, you can always rent a softer board for the second day, that way you can at least end your season on an up note. Hang on to the T. Rice because you can always ride it next season as you progress.

#6 ·
That is what I was thinking when I purchased the board. And the fact that i got it for $290 shipped! But I'm so green and I don't have anything to compare the t.rice to so I figured....have at it! I think doubt was just creeping in and I just needed some confirmation. Thanks guys!

#7 ·
i started on a rossignol board my board a pretty stiff board for a beginear to learn on which was 3 seasons ago now. So its not impossible to start on a stiff board you'll to get better control because your board won't be as forgiving so it will help. but the big point is to Just have FUN come on your goin on a 2 day trip up in the best place in the world the mountains snowboarding i dont think it gets any better than that so have FUN

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.