Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Introduce yourself
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 12:25 PM   #1372 (permalink)
Rhondas

Default Hello

Hi, I've been reading this forum, it's really great. I'm Rhonda, 48 years old. From Missouri. My son got me into snowboarding. I had issues with shoes and board size at my class at Snow creek. I did an epic fail, but still loved snowboarding.I bought my 20 year old, and I equipment, and he's practically mastered all of the hills. He's been skate boarding for years....I'd not buy him a snowboard cause of the initial cost....(That's an odd statement, cause skateboards, shoes, etc, runs up kind of high too.)

So, he's doing great, me, I'm better now that my board and shoes fit me. I got nervous at the lift ride during the class, and though about it too much. But not now, I've practiced. One thing is, snowboarding has brought to me a level of physical fitness I had not had for a while. I like snowboarding. We are at the end of th3e season. Hopefully I can maintain the fitness level throughout the off season....and talk my son into buying a season pass, cause shelling out $40.00 each week is getting expensive.
Rhondas is offline   Reply With Quote