Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What is important, the size of the board or the weight limitation of the board?
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 12:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
GorgeDad

I agree with cifex. I'm not sure what made you think you should be in the 148-150 range as that seems way too small to me.

I think technically based on weight you probably fall in a range of like 152-158-ish. Generally, you'd go to the short end of your range if your a freestyle/park rider and the higher end if you are a carver/freerider. You claim to be the latter.

Most importantly, you should fall somewhere in the weight range (preferably the middle) designated by the manufacture for a given board - that is the most accurate gauge of how the board is intended to perform.

The other issue, as cifex mentioned, is the flexibility of the board. A soft/flexible board will benefit you only if you are riding a certain way (tricks), whereas a moderately stiffer board will provide more stability.

I'm not fmailiar with many of the boards you mention, but am a fan of Ride and know the Machete gets good reviews. If you look at the specs for the machete on their website, you actually fall in the mid/upper range for the 155 and right in the middle of the 158 size. U
GorgeDad is offline   Reply With Quote