Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - ----How Did YOU Learn How To Snowboard AND How Long Did It Take You To Learn----
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 02:58 PM   #26 (permalink)
tdn
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Got called up by a friend who wanted to know if I wanted to go snowboarding.. I said hell yes and I was on my way to my first snowboarding experience. She took me onto a blue, where she did a great job explaining how to stop. She didn't do a great job at telling me how to turn. She ditched me after the very first run, and I taught myself for the rest of the day. By the end of the day, I think I made it down the blue without falling once.

Second experience, another friend of mine took me onto a black and told me something to the effect of "learn now or die!!!" So.. without much of a choice, I learned and I learned very quickly. By the end of that day I was bombing down, doing pretty well.

Third experience, on my own, it all clicked. The technique just came to me and I fell in love. Bought all my own gear soon after and have only gotten way more comfortable. Still learning and gaining the testicular tenacity to try different features, jumps and tricks.

This was all about February of 2010. Right now, Feb 2011, I'm currently getting better at 180's and grabs off of jumps, riding boxes/rails, perfecting my switch riding etc.

Last edited by tdn; 02-16-2011 at 03:01 PM.
tdn is offline   Reply With Quote