Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - ----How Did YOU Learn How To Snowboard AND How Long Did It Take You To Learn----
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 03:31 PM   #28 (permalink)
tj_ras
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Learned how to board back when i was 8 or so, my parents skied as did i for a little then i got into boards took lessons got pretty alright then gave up for skateboarding.

Middle of the season i went up a friends house, he had made an entire terrain park in his back yard(it is a pretty large yard in the woods) decided id give it a shot strapped into one of his brothers boards and took off toward the jumps was landing backside 180s at the end of the day and was really loving boarding so i decided to buy a cheap board knowing the season was almost over then last weekend i got a text from my friend saying he wanted to go to a resort and do some slopes/trails, i excitedly went......oh boy was i in over my head, i could keep up with my friends right up untill we got off the lift lol, they went off and did thier black diamonds and i just cruised(fell) on all the greenies. After about 3 hours of greens i went up to blues and by the end of the day had been linking the corners in the blue pretty well.

So self re taught. Now i just wanna get a park board and start killin ramps and rails, my end goal for next season is a 100 footer...or a rodeo cuzz they look cool to me. Maybe il just combine the two goals.

twitter-tastic
tj_ras is offline   Reply With Quote