Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What is important, the size of the board or the weight limitation of the board?
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 04:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dayten

Thanks for the reply. That totally changes the boards that I have been doing research on. Most of the guys I talked to at different snowboard shops sized me up by just placing a board in front of me. A 148cm board was recommended since it was by my nose area and that would be a good size for me. They said that if I go any bigger, I may not be able to control the board. With a board size of 155 to 156 it is as tall as I am..haha..One of them also suggested that I use the Burton board finder. From that, the website suggested a 148 Custom Flying V up to a Burton 150 Joystick. From there, I sort of looked at similar board specs from Transworld Good Wood Test Results.

My concern is that with my short stance width of 18” for my bindings, a larger board will put me above that. I am at the shortest setting on my current board.

The board I have now is working for me, I just wanted to take advantage of end of season sales to get a new board. I guess the smart thing to do is to hold off and see how I progress. Again thank you for your opinions, time, and suggestions, they are greatly appreciated.
Dayten is offline   Reply With Quote