Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

NS Heritage question

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Grasschopper 
#1 ·
Hey Guys ..

I have a bit of a dilemma here, I started riding last season and really getting into riding more than skiing now. Here is my progression, I bought a Burton LTR board first and got the hang of it and then went and got myself a GNU street series board thinking I really want to mess around freestyling around the mountain. The Gnu board, it took sometime to get use to but eventually got the hang of it. But later found out that it wasn't really for me (was either too soft or the BTX isn't my thing). So now I am back on my LTR Burton board and prefer this LTR board over the GNU board. So I guess I am a regular camber guy? But this got me thinking, I love the fact of playfulness of the BTX but I also love the reg camber stuff for cruising and stability.

So it brings me to this point. NeverSummer and Mervin boards have the hybrid camber system so it's like the best of both worlds right? or is it? Since I like the graphics of NS and my local shop carry NS stuff and would give me 20% off retail on the Heritage board in my size, so this would be my choice.

So my question is, will this combo of camber system be good for me? or its just all hype? I would really love to hear your opinion and suggestions?

my stats:
5"10
180lbs
Burton Cartel
mostly VT riding areas and some Utah trips here and there ..

Thanks everyone in advance!

See less See more
#3 ·
So it brings me to this point. NeverSummer and Mervin boards have the hybrid camber system so it's like the best of both worlds right? or is it? Since I like the graphics of NS and my local shop carry NS stuff and would give me 20% off retail on the Heritage board in my size, so this would be my choice.

So my question is, will this combo of camber system be good for me? or its just all hype? I would really love to hear your opinion and suggestions?

my stats:
5"10
180lbs
Burton Cartel
mostly VT riding areas and some Utah trips here and there ..

Thanks everyone in advance!
I would buy it because
@20% off your cost for the Heritage is $432
less
Demo rentals cost ($50 to $75 per day, btw norm rentals cost $25 to $40 per day)
Therefore, if you sell the board next year for $350 or more, you get your money back.

However,
The more important question is, "Is it the right size for you?"
Also read the reviews (do a search) about the Heritage and judge for yourself if your ability matches the board. Note, the Heritage is not a beginner board.

Just my opinion.

#5 ·
Well I just paid full price for a Heritage a couple weeks ago and so far I'm happy. I'm 5'10" and 225 with a good bit more experience than you (been riding off and on since 1987) and got the 162. I came to it from a Lib Tech T.Rice and the first thing I noticed was that it is a good bit more flexible than the T.Rice...I also think the rocker section is a bit more pronounced. The Heritage is a great board...if it is the right board for you is a different question.

#7 ·
That's interesting, I was under the impression that the T.Rice and Heritage were very similar stiffness, with the Dark and Raptor being the stiffest from each company... BTW, my all mountain is a T.Rice 157 C2 and I'm 5'5" 175. Curious why you went to a Heritage from a T.Rice?

#8 ·
For sure the Heritage is softer, no question about it. I was in the market for a new board because I felt my T.Rice was too short (same 157 but I'm 5" taller and 75 lbs heavier). I was thinking about just getting the T.Rice in a 161.5 but kept reading on here about Never Summer and just had to try one. I'm now thinking the Primer F1 is a closer match to the T.Rice but I haven't actually ridden one so can't be sure. By going to the 162 in the Heritage I got most of what I wanted which was more stability at speed but I think the T.Rice 161.5 would have been a bit better...that said it would also have been more work at slower speeds. One thing I really like about the Heritage is that it is so easy to ride switch...I think this is due to the softer flex and the fact that I don't ride switch nearly as fast as I do regular. The Heritage is quicker edge to edge than the T.Rice...I sort of like that about it as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.