Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Skate Banana vs. Fix/Hero
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 06:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
rasmasyean
Veteran Member

I demoed the Hero for most of a day and I think a Fix too for the rest. Was it that board that's like flat camber or something?

I thought the Fix had more edge hold but not more than the SB. The Hero is washy and can't carve for crap at just medium speeds. But it's very forgiving on spins and spinning landings and hard to catch an edge. Instead it would overrotate...but I guess you have to get uses to it. Very flexible too.

The SB I think has the best edge hold, especially on ice. The SB turns on a dime and turns the fastest out of those I feel. While the hero feels like you have a laggy connection. I know the large SB is more stiff so you have to consider that. But I ride the small softest SB so that's what I'm comparing to. The SB is kinda washy too if you're not evenly balanced over the board. But that's kind of what RC is supposed to do I guess. But if you're balanced, when you turn it just hooks you into it lke its connected to your mind. I guess this can be good or bad depending on how precise you are, butthey say all of these are good for beginners so.
rasmasyean is offline   Reply With Quote