Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Too much board for a rookie?
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 10:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LineDawg View Post
I have never ridden either board due to the fact that I don't mess with boards that are mass produced in China. Not that there's any thing wrong with them just personal choice to keep my money here in the US.
I am pretty positive that you own or spend your money on things that are outside of the U.S. aside from snowboards. Even then, you aren't 100% sure all of the materials, machinery, etc... are made of parts that are 100% made in the U.S.A.

Sorry, I can't help myself when people make a comment like that. The better argument would be that you like to buy American made products due to higher quality.

Imports stimulate our economy and in a lot of cases creates jobs here. But no argument about the many evils of needless outsourcing/off-shoring.

"Keeping your money in the U.S." is an economical myth. Also, these out-of-country factories help reduce the costs of snowboards for a lot of companies. It's a fact you have to deal with if you want lower prices. There is a reason why Lib-Tech and Never Summer snowboards have a premium on their price tag. Two U.S. companies that I fully support due to their high quality products.

OP: The Carbon Credit is a good board and if you ride hardpack/icey conditions a lot, the magnetraction will work well.

If you really want a long term board, the Slayblade and Highlife are great boards. However, if you are just learning, it will make it more difficult. Don't misread that as impossible. You can definitely learn on those two baords, just that you'll have a bit more to work at. They are both very fast and stiff boards so if you think you are prepared for that, pull the triggger. Both are ultimate freeride sticks.