Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: 2012 Never Summer Proto CT
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 02:01 PM   #114 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

That's awesome VMAN! I was actually going to include an boardercross statement in my follow up review of the Proto, but I guess I can talk about it now.

I went on a trip recently to Nubs Nob in Northern Michigan and noticed that they had a boardercross course complete with a succession of three large rollers at the end of the course. Although my run wasn't in competition, it was with friends including one on skis. The Proto had excellent edge hold even at fast speeds and when I was making those tight turns, it held up really well. Both of my snowboarding buddies overshot their turns and went flying on their butts haha. I was able to make each and every turn precisely without scraping too much speed. It was really fun. And the rollers at the end... oh man. I got decent air off of each one and the last one shot me pretty far.

Honestly, I don't expect this from a twin board let alone one with a mid flex. Very fun