Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Flux SF45 or Union Force
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 04:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Meatball707

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
I ride the Force and have Flux bindings as well. They have 2 very different feels. With the force the basplate has more flex and allows more natural flex of the board, the ankle strap is stiffer and more responsive, and the toe strap is very basic and not very responsive.

The Flux baseplate is somewhat stiff, the ankle strap is more cushioned and less responsive and the toe cap is super responsive. Because of the cush straps they're more comfortable when you're in them for long periods of time.

The flux take longer to strap into because the ratchets dont slide down the ladders as easy as the Union ratchets do and the flux take longer to tighten because they're softer, where as the union have less play and are tight almost on contact with the boot.

Really it comes down to preference of feel and fit with the binding.
Thanks man, I've been on Union Inverters for a long time, and liked the toe cap of the DMCC, which is what got me looking at the Flux line, and I heard they're super comfy. My Unions right now are good, but sometimes I wish I had a bit more stiffness, not much, but just a tad. I only looked at the SF45 because of the semi-similar dampeners on the base allowing for some board flex, which the TT doesn't offer.

How much stiffer do you think the highback will be on the SF45 compared to the Force?

Last edited by Meatball707; 02-18-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Meatball707 is offline   Reply With Quote