Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - atheist. why?
Thread: atheist. why?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 09:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
InfiniteEclipse
Stay Strapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
I am Atheist in the true sense of the word in that I do not believe in religion (Theism). As an atheist, I am also Agnostic but open minded in spirituality or other dimensions, planes of existence etc. By Agnostic, I mean I neither believe nor disbelieve.

As for my Atheism, I am absolutely convinced that all of the world`s past, current and future religions are all mythology and are not worth the paper they are all written on. They are a product of man`s ego and desire to exert control over his fellow man and I reject them all equally.
ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh oh a virus View Post
but the big if... what IF God is real. do you all really want it up the butt in the end? like if you guys are correct, we just die. But if im correct, when you die you get eternal happiness. if your atheist, no eternal happiness for you. and actually fear of the Lord is one of the beliefs(i forget the actual word that it is classified under)
I don't think an all-loving god would turn his/her back on someone whose done good all their life, not for a promise of ethereal happiness, but because they believe in the goodness of man and universal brotherhood. Some "behave" out of fear, others because it is the right thing to do...

Last edited by InfiniteEclipse; 02-20-2011 at 09:50 AM.