Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Introduce yourself

2M views 4K replies 2K participants last post by  ctoma 
#1 ·
I will start this thread.

I am 24 years old, live in Toronto Canada.

I grew up in Regina, Saskatchewan (where there is a ton of snow) so naturally i have gone both skiing and snowboarding.

I'm still a beginner snowboarder, but hope to learn lots at Snowboarding Forum :D

#1,291 ·
Hello all! New guy from Michigan. Went snowboarding for the first time about a week ago and am hooked! It was the most fun I have ever had (and most of it was spent rolling down the slope). I can"t wait to go out again and improve. I"ve been skiing a few times before but this is a whole other animal! Been lurking around and reading as much as I can about snowboarding but thought it time to join in.

#1,292 ·
Hello

My name is Brett, I'm 34 years old from Phoenix, AZ. This will only be my 4th season snowboarding. I tried it once and fell in love with it. The next season I bought my own board w/errythang. I've only been to one resort and that's Sunrise Ski Park. Most people don't like it b/c it's owned by the White Mountain Apache's. Btw those Apache's are my cousins. Got a lot of family out there. Unfortunately none of them snowboard anymore. I'm looking to meet some chill folks up there. I was out there on SuperBowl weekend, and it was nice. Packed powder and temp in the mid-upper 30's. I planned on heading back up there this weekend, and to my surprise I see that there is snow in the forecast from Wednesday to Sunday. I also found out today that I get that following Monday off. Three day weekend on the slopes. I'm jus looking to hang out with some cool people. I probably won't have any trouble finding people by themselves either. Lots of day trippers up there. It's real laid back. Hope to see lots of people out there.

#1,293 ·
Hey,

I'm 14 years old and started snowboarding 2 years ago.
I picked my name cause that was my first board ever (I bought it on Sunday), I decided to buy a snowboard because the rentals just suck.
Setup:
Morrow Clutch 2010
Burton Freestyle Boots and Bindings.

I can do some tricks, and every kind of terrain (Black Diamonds, Glades, etc.)
I go to Greek Peak near Cortland, NY. Takes about 1hr 30min to get there.

So, hey.

#1,294 ·
Heyo, I'm from Michigan...I saw another new guy from Michigan a few posts up. I bought an old Burton Air in amazing shape a few weeks back, slapped some new Rome bindings on it, and am currently learning the basics!

Anyway, I'm pretty good friends with boarderaholic, and was actually wearing a shirt she mailed me today :cheeky4:

I'm looking forward to learning a lot here (and actually, I already have) and hopefully becoming a competent snowboarder in the process!

#1,295 ·
HOLA!!!...New guy from Buffalo, NY. I tried snowboarding about 2 years ago and fell a lot. My 3rd run down I tore my MCL in one of my knees. Got back into it this year and although the first time back out was a bit nerve racking I had a blast and cant wait to steadily improve my skills and enjoy it for years to come along with my wife who loves it too

#1,297 ·
Hello

Hi, I've been reading this forum, it's really great. I'm Rhonda, 48 years old. From Missouri. My son got me into snowboarding. I had issues with shoes and board size at my class at Snow creek. I did an epic fail, but still loved snowboarding.I bought my 20 year old, and I equipment, and he's practically mastered all of the hills. He's been skate boarding for years....I'd not buy him a snowboard cause of the initial cost....(That's an odd statement, cause skateboards, shoes, etc, runs up kind of high too.)

So, he's doing great, me, I'm better now that my board and shoes fit me. I got nervous at the lift ride during the class, and though about it too much. But not now, I've practiced. One thing is, snowboarding has brought to me a level of physical fitness I had not had for a while. I like snowboarding. We are at the end of th3e season. Hopefully I can maintain the fitness level throughout the off season....and talk my son into buying a season pass, cause shelling out $40.00 each week is getting expensive.

#1,300 ·
...and talk my son into buying a season pass, cause shelling out $40.00 each week is getting expensive.
Definitely get the season's pass. If you don't have to worry about whether it's worth paying the $40 for a few hours here and there, you'll actually go up more often. Unless you're 5 hours away or something.

#1,299 ·
Whats up all. A 36 year old broke down Journeyman Lineman with a Titanium leg. Actually I still have my leg it just has rods from the hip to knee and knee to ankle. My 20's where hell on me. I don't let it stop me though. Well, i guess thats not all true. It does keep me out of the park. Not out of the steep and deep though. I'm currently rocking a Venture Storm (solid)165 w/ 26cm waist and Head PX-10 bindings. If you take I-70 to ride then I'm sure we will run into each other at some point in time.

#1,303 ·
Greetings from the left coast!

Hey everybody, new member here from California. My first snowboarding excursion was several years ago, but I haven't been serious about it 'til this season, so I'm pretty much still a beginner, although I'm hoping to be an intermediate level rider within the next month. I just purchased a Ride Machete to replace my cheap Lamar Mission board from a few years ago, which I think is kinda a POS. I'm hoping the Machete will greatly improve my riding experience. It gets rave reviews so I don't think I'll be disappointed. I'll find out tomorrow when I return to the mountain. Anyway, this is my first post but I've already learned A LOT by reading through the forums (Snowolf's advice especially which helped me really get the hang of linking my turns) and I hope I'll be able to pass on some knowledge myself and learn even more. I have many hobbies but snowboarding is definitely one of my biggest passions so I'm glad I found this site. See ya all around!

#1,304 ·
What's up all!?:D 21 from PA been creeping around the forums for awhile now decided to finally start posting. Love to snowboard get out at least once a week. Mainly I hit up Blue Mtn in Pa but saving up some $ to broaden my horizons in different area's of the world. Currently riding a 160 Burton Balance w/ 2011 Union Bindings mostly stick to the mountain but if I feel the urge I'll try and get a line or two in at the park. If anyone is interested in boarding together shoot me a PM always down to meet new people. Happy boarding all!

#1,305 ·
north west

whats up everyone. just joinded and so far loving the site. so about me i snowboard up at Bluewood and Whitepass in washington where i live. im 20 6 foot 3 and 280 pounds. iv seen alot of topics about fat people not being able to snowbaord or they gotta get like spelical board and stuff. i got my stuff at big 5. my board is a 156 mission six wrecker, with matching bindings. i love snowboarind mostly powder and tree runs, but i do hit the park but im still not that good to do tricks. been snowboarding for the last 2 years. other hobbies are basketball and car. any one else in washington let me know what places you like because iv only been to two so far.

#1,309 ·
konichiwa, snow forum nation!

Hi! This is Jacob from Gunma Japan. I'm 5'10'' 150 and ride a 152 "THM Team" snowboard and brand-less bindings that a friend gave me for free. This is my first season, but i've hit the mountain about 30 times.

I like powder, jibbing around, and hitting the small park features. I want to learn how to perfect my butters, presses and ground tricks, since that's the style around here, and it looks sick. I also want to progress to styled medium jumps as I love that feeling of fresh mountain air. Any board/bindings suggestions are welcome as i'll probably upgrade in the off-season :D

My home snowparks are Kawaba and Norn, but I'm always down to check out new resorts in Gunma, so holler at me if you're in my neighborhood.

#1,311 ·
konichiwa, snow forum nation!

:D I probably should have mentioned... I'm from Los Angeles, and I moved to Japan in July '10 for a job as an english teacher. Before December I'd never seen snow.

Also, forgot to mention...the equipment here is really expensive, so I'll be buying a new board back in LA when i visit home... does anyone know the best way to travel internationally with a snowboard/bindings?

#1,316 ·
:D I probably should have mentioned... I'm from Los Angeles, and I moved to Japan in July '10 for a job as an english teacher. Before December I'd never seen snow.

Also, forgot to mention...the equipment here is really expensive, so I'll be buying a new board back in LA when i visit home... does anyone know the best way to travel internationally with a snowboard/bindings?
English teacher huh? Recently I have been thinking about moving to Japan to become one also but I don't think i have to confidence to do so haha. Do you speak any japanese?

Also for traveling interenationally with gear you would definitely need a board bag with padding. Sending it would be wayy too expensive.

#1,312 ·
Checking in from Cambridge, MA

Hey,

I'm a Maine native living in Boston/Cambridge (MA). I've gotten back into riding after five years of skiing and I'm addicted. The only reason I stopped in the first place was because I blew up my shoulder snowboarding in '06 (a year of surgery and PT). I've been three times this season (all in the last month) and it's coming back quickly. I'm planning on visiting my sis and cousins in Breckenridge in late March. Can't wait.

My gear: Arbor Mystic 158, Drake Matrix bindings, Nidecker boots. I wasn't sure how I was going to like getting back on a board, so I picked up this inexpensive package at a local shop for $300 total. It's all in nearly-new shape and I love all of it. The Arbor is forgiving, the bindings are fine and the bots (I'd never heard of Nidecker before) are ridiculously comfy. All this stuff had hardly ever been used, so I think i got a good deal.

Anyway, thanks for having me. See you out there.

#1,313 ·
I'm new to snowboarding and I'm hooked. I live just north of New Orleans, so I unfortunately don't have the luxury of going very often. Recently learned to ride on our first trip to Whistler. Started of skiing, but twisted my knees in the powder several times. So I switched to boarding, and I'm not looking back. Already thinking about our trip to Whistler next year.

#1,314 ·
Hi

my name is Stefan and i am from Austria (Vienna). i am 6'0 and 180. i ride a 158 Capita Indoor Survival FK 2009/2010 just a little detuned), Rome 390 Bindings 2010/2011 and 32 Lashed boots 2008/2009.
Living in Austria means you've got to do some Wintersport. This season was a short one for me. Just went boarding for two weeks because my knee sucks again, but winter also wasnt that great this year. Mostly i ride Park and Powder (of course). Glad to be part of these forum. So have fun go snowboarding!!!!

#1,315 ·
Checking in from Canaduh!

Yo, what's up dudes!! This is Jakob from Toronto, Ontario, Canada saying hello!

Snowboardingforum.com is truly a great place!! I've been lurking all season and finally signed up for an account! Excited to contribute to the
already incredible resource!

#1,318 ·
Konichiwa (for the last time)

Sorry to use this forum for conversation... but, mr. taki, you should definitely take the leap. & to answer your question, having the language down is really helpful with employability, but not totally necessary.

For snow, Japan is a powder dream, and depending on your location a cheap and ideal place to ply your shred. I pay only 15,000 Yen for a season pass at my local park. Thats about 180 dollars!!! Equipment, as I said, is crazy 'spensive tho. :)