Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Won't someone please think of the children!!??

3K views 34 replies 25 participants last post by  Smokehaus 
#1 ·
Why all the hate on this forum? It seems like everyone is out for "first blood" on the OP of any various thread posted here. I see more civility on the cannabis growing forum i frequent and that shit's illegal! Please enlighten me, in case i'm missing something.

#4 ·
Hate is a strong word. Are a lot of us very opinionated? Hell yes. But isn't that half the fun of Internet forums? Debates will be debates and being harsh is just a matter of personal opinion. Most of us probably mean no harm.

BurtonAvenger is BurtonAvenger and MunkySpunk is MunkySpunk. Take some time to get to know these guys around here and you'll see that is just how they are to everyone.

A lot of members on here have also met one another so regardless of the difference in opinions, they still shred together. Triple8Sol and I used to butt heads fiercely on a few subjects like *cough* Flow *cough*, but we are tight now. Even tried to align a Tahoe trip. Next year Triple!

So what I'm trying to say is... don't get so butt hurt and don't automatically assume that some of us are slamming our keys with a red face when we type something that is opposing. I for one know that I always post things on here with a smile :)

#12 ·
are You Fucking Kidding Me!!!!?????? How Fragile Are Your E-feelings, You Whiny Little Twat!!!??? Did You Start A Thread Here Expecting Internet Strangers To Offer You A Teet To Suckle On!!!???? Christfuck!!!!!! More Peace And Harmony On A Pot Forum? Jesus Tapdancing Christ, Who Would Have Ever Imagined Such A Thing!!!! Maybe You Should Visit A Crack-cocaine Forum Or Tgr If You Want Hostility, you Jackwagon!!!!!!
Whoa!, I wasn't trying to whine, or appear "butt hurt." My "fragile e-feelings" aren't hurt, I was just making a simple observation, and believe me I've noticed the same thing on several other forums. Being opinionated is one thing but a lot of you internet tough guys are just down right rude at times. Rants like H20's is a perfect example of what I'm talking about, you sounds like an idiot sir. Where as Leo's post is a perfect example of decency while stick getting his point across. I'm sure there isn't many crack forums either, any crackhead with a computer probably sold it a long time ago for more crack LOL.

Never thought this thread would get so much traffic so fast, have a great day everyone!! :D

#8 ·
are You Fucking Kidding Me!!!!?????? How Fragile Are Your E-feelings, You Whiny Little Twat!!!??? Did You Start A Thread Here Expecting Internet Strangers To Offer You A Teet To Suckle On!!!???? Christfuck!!!!!! More Peace And Harmony On A Pot Forum? Jesus Tapdancing Christ, Who Would Have Ever Imagined Such A Thing!!!! Maybe You Should Visit A Crack-cocaine Forum Or Tgr If You Want Hostility, you Jackwagon!!!!!!

#14 ·
I'll tell you where the frustation is coming from. It's from the fact that 95% of the threads that gets created on this forum are

1) Whats a good first board

2) Whats the difference between board X and board Y

3) What will happen if I do this? (Always something like "change my front foot from 15 degrees to 12 degrees" or "bend my knees more during a carve." I don't know, why don't you try it and get back to us?)

#23 · (Edited)
I blame not enough cannabis being smoked on this forum:D In all honesty, this is nothing compared to other forums...check out some of the auto enthusiast forums....Sure, people go at it and say shit that they prolly wouldn't say face to face out of respect, and yeah, some of it goes on too long b/c everyone wants to get the last word in and claim victory, but it's the internet and that's part of it...if you don't like it or can't deal with it, then just be a lurker I guess...or a huge gaping whale vagina jumping up and down on a cornice in the backcountry!!

AK

#30 ·
TGR is a great resource with a lot of knowledgeable posters and some good shit to be learned over there. But, they grew too big. With that growth comes a lot of dipshits and trolls. A whole lot of dick measuring contests over there.

I read a lot over there, primarily in the weather and avalanche forums, but rarely post.

#29 ·
I used be a part of a snowboard forum on the old msn groups platform called Snowboarding365. The stuff you hear on here is so kindergarten in comparison. There was some tool named Quick on that forum who constantly accused a guy I actually knew in person of child abuse and all sorts of rubbish. Another kid named Dougie had everyone wrapped around his finger. Come to find out years later this kid Dougie was really a baby faced 30 something year old pervert. As a whole the group was great....some of the key members were douche bags but there Douchness was on of equality and they called you on bullshit. I ended up good friends with a quite a few and still hang out with a few in person almost 4 years later.

I don't think there is to much wrong with this group. It's pretty male dominated and frankly we are all jerks in our own rights but it's an endearing jerkness.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.