Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: 2012 Never Summer Proto CT
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 10:46 AM   #134 (permalink)
SnowKanin

Wow, this thread sure has blown up for you Leo! This board will be sold out next season in no-time, I'm sure!

Ok, since others are asking, and Vman is in this thread as well, I'll ask both of you about the size of Proto I should more than likely be looking at. My main concern on choosing a size is the waist width, I'm not quite sure if I'd be better off going with a CTX (wide) with my stats. I weigh 205-210, I'm 6'1", and I wear a size 11 Nike Zoom Force... which is a LARGE boot. On my current ride, a 160w Sierra Crew, I have a waist width of 259, duck stance -15/12, and I overhang about a 1/2-3/4 of an inch off of both front and back of the board... the front a little more but the toe does curve up pretty well. I was hitting some hard carves this past weekend and did'nt notice any draggage whatsoever. My style is playful, and although I'm fairly new I find myself running up the sides of trails and hitting whatever bumps and little jumps I can. Will I get by with the 157 or possibly 160CT? Or should I be looking at a 158 CTX... possibly even a 155??

This will be my do everything/freestyle/all-mountain and powder board. But I stick to trails and groomers mostly and spend a little time in the park.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by SnowKanin; 02-21-2011 at 10:49 AM.
SnowKanin is offline   Reply With Quote