Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Hiking and riding Muir Snowfield
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 11:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
schmitty34
Veteran Member

Snowolf - I appreciate the info. I am starting to gather my own information about this trip and definitely have some questions for the organizer before I decide I'm actually going. This is the first time I've really considered doing the hike so I didn't know anything about it until I started poking around last week. From the pictures I've seen of previous trips this group has taken, and hearing from frieds that have gone, I assumed it was a pretty basic day hike. From what I am reading it sounds like it is definitely more serious than that...espciall in the winter.

I know some of the people on this hike are pretty experienced with this stuff so I'd be suprised if they do anything stupid, but I also haven't seen anyone mention it being contigent on the weather. From the sound of it, this hike is one that you should diffinetly call of if some weather is moving in.

Again, thanks for the info. I'm going to make sure I'm educated before I join the group. However, it does make me worry that the rest of the group could get into something they aren't expecting.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote