Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advice from those who know on what board to buy....
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 08:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Chance42
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Well from the research I did before my recent purchase, I'd look at a lib tech trs (magnetraction since you are on the ice coast)or NS SL/Heritage. Also the Gnu Riders Choice which is similar to the TRS, but has a sintered base. The NS Legacy is the wide version of the SL. I'd say somewhere around the 164 length for your weight, but + or - a few cm becomes personal preference. Never Summer has the vario traction or w/e which is like a mellow magnetraction from what I've gathered. I'll compare it to my banana magic when my SL gets in this week... but the b magic has a pretty hardcore version of magnetraction it looks like, the trs also has a slightly aggressive version I believe, which is good for ice. It may feel a little catchy sometimes from user reviews, though.

Any of those boards will be a great all mountain freestyle board, the heritage is a little stiffer, but can still be a freestyle board, not the greatest for park flexibility though from what I've gathered.

I haven't ridden any of them yet, so this is all from research on forums, reviews and specs on paper for the most part. My banana magic feels stiff enough to do all mountain, but still flexible enough to play in the park, although I wouldn't consider it a jib board.
Chance42 is offline   Reply With Quote