Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advice from those who know on what board to buy....
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 02:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
Jeklund

Quote:
Originally Posted by george_4116 View Post
First, thanks in advance for the insight. Second, I know the question gets old by I need some advice from people who know that are not trying to sell me something. As you all know end of season sales are among us, and I want to upgrade by current set up (Burton Mayhem 158 with Burton Cartels). I would like something Made in the USA, but not a deal breaker. I want an "all mountain freestyle" board, as I ride resorts only (No backcountry excursions yet, but hopefully next winter). I would catalog myself as an accomplished beginner, no problems with turns at speed, small jumps, and the occasional park lap (getting more commonplace as my son gets more into it). 98% East Coast Riding (NC, WV, and one CO trip per year). I do not want a directional board, and I prefer flat or cambered.

Open to any and all suggestions and Brands. Stats: 5'11", 215 (i know, lay off the fries), size 11 boots. Looked at Ride Machete, Burton Process, Never Summer SL or Legacy. Let me know what you guys would recommend.

I pretty much am the exact same height, weight and shoe size as you and from what you posted i would recommend the Machete. I would also through in the DH2 but I'm a bit biased about it because I ride one and absolutely love it. The differnece between the Machete and DH2 is that the DH2 is a bit stiffer mostly because of the poprods 2.0 and it also has a bit less rocker but besides that they are close to identical. As for size I choose to ride 159W mostly because I'm heading more into the park and figured the 161W would be a bit much for the park.

Riding Days:
Goal: 75+
Jeklund is offline   Reply With Quote