Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rossignol Men's Angus AmpTek Snowboard 2011
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 06:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
GorgeDad

Lol, I wouldn't advertise that you'd buy a bouard because of the way it looks ... dudes may jump all over that.

Seriously though, if you did your homework, and it sounds like you did, you know the Angus gets some good reviews. In my opinion, it would be appropriate for the kind of riding you describe. I rode the 2011 Angus last month when shopping for a new board and I loved it. I found it very easy to ride and turn and have no problem recommending it.

In terms of size, you didn't provide your weight and that is widely accepted as the method for sizing a board. Shoot for the middle of the manufacturers range for any given board. If you are too big, the board will be softer, too small and it won't flex and will feel stiffer. Within the acceptable range, you might go for a shorter board for freestyle/park and a longer board for freeride. Re the Angus, you can look at the Rossi website for specs. FYI, they list the range for the 157 as 110-180 pounds.
GorgeDad is offline   Reply With Quote