Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help Selecting My First Snowboard Boots
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 02:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
rcheung

Default Help Selecting My First Snowboard Boots

So the major consensus is that I need to try on boots in order to determine the best ones. I did so, but the only store in the area has a severely limited selection. I was able to determine, however, some features that I do and do not like.

Forum Recon - no cushioning in the front of toes

Ride Anthem - too much flex, felt like there was hardly a bottom sole to the boot which isn't comfortable. LOVE the lacing system.

Burton Ion - HATE the Speed Zone lacing system.

Burton The White Collection - Fit me the best.. I LOVE how the boot holds onto the heel! However, there was a weird feeling above my front left toes. I like the liner used.

Burton Driver X - much too stiff.

There weren't any BOA boots in the store so that was unfortunate. Hopefully someone can offer good insight into that system. So can anyone suggest alternative boots like the Burton White Collection, which had great cushioning and heel hold, or ones that have the Ride Anthem lacing system or similar? Detailed comments would be great, but I'm open to any and all suggestions! Thanks.