Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need some tips for boxes/ rails
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 02:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
_eug_

Default Need some tips for boxes/ rails

I have been snowboarding for over 10 years but this year I have decided to start hitting the boxes and rails in the park. I went out and bought a park specific rocker board and also gave the board a slight all around detune to the super sharp magnatraction edges.

For now, the only thing I have to show for it is a separated A/C joint in my shoulder. I can still ride but I have a lot more fear now when it comes to approaching the boxes.

I used to mostly do freeriding and all mountain freestyle type riding, so I am used to camber boards that require you to keep a consistent edge.

I injured my shoulder because I hit a technical box which was large and way beyond my skill level. I did ok on the flat section, but then there was a decline in the box. As soon as I hit the decline, I went on my toe edge out of old habit. I went flying off the box and separated my a/c.

So now I am trying to take it really easy and only ride small boxes that are flat and don’t require to be jumped on to. I have a hard time staying flat based on the box. The stance that I am running is 18 / -12, 22inch. I am 5'9.

What is the proper technique for box / rail riding?
_eug_ is offline   Reply With Quote