Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Hello! couple questions.
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
hurtbirdbath

Default Hello! couple questions.

So it looks like I am getting back into snowboarding. when I say back I actually had a board like 20 yrs ago(a Burton cruiser I think) that was in like the late 80's. Im 32 now and just went the other day for the firt time since then. It was awesome and I actually had no problem going right down the moutain and thankfully I only dumped hard once.

So I plan on going again and am even going to tahoe next month and have 2 questions.

Is there a noticable difference in riding a nice set up compared to what I rented the other day at the local(Wachusset) mountain? I mean is a board a board?

Also reccomend me some board, boot, binding options as I have no clue what is what. i have been trying to learn but there are just so many options. I am 32 weigh about 175 and and average height.I dont't plan on getting into tricks or anything other than the occassional jump on the way down. I basically just like to ride down smoothly and be in control. My budget is somewhere around 5 or 600 total if that's doable.

Mike