Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Hello! couple questions.
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 02:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
BRsnow

that is doable, getting proper fitting boots are the biggest thing. I would go to a good shop and get some good boots. there is a sticky at the top of this section that gives great boot buying info. As far as a board and bindings. You can buy them, as it is nice to have your own,especially if you are going to go a lot. Also there are a lot of sales now. The thing I have picked up from my friends...we are all around your age is that these guys can ride any board. They told me a board is a board. I watched one of my friends who is small and usually rides a 152, ride a 10 year old burton around 166-168 and went through trees, cliff drops, and was doing 360's off a 40 footer. They have all road for along time, but when it comes down to it a board is really just a board....If you do get your own set up..make sure the boots fit the bindings well...and also you don't need a super high end board. they make learning to ride a bit harder. Also your weight not height is the major factor in size of board. Any decent all mountain board should do...have fun...Ben

Last edited by BRsnow; 02-23-2008 at 02:11 PM.
BRsnow is offline   Reply With Quote