Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - UPS Delivery stolen?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 07:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I really hate that UPS/FedEx does this. Really? You're going to leave my snowboard that is in a big-ass box on my front porch for the world of thieves to see? The above poster is correct. They require a signature for big purchase items. How else are they going to prove it was even left on the porch? Because for all you know then, the UPS driver took it himself/herself.

For future reference though, as we all know they won't do ish about changing their system... Leave a note on the front porch noting to please leave item out of sight in your back porch or something. If you live in an apartment, leave a note asking for it to be left at the office.

When I ordered my board in 2007, UPS left it outside in the cold. When I took the board out, the edges were completely rusted over. I'm assuming it was due to it being in a warm truck/warehouse then being left in the cold soon after. Wasn't a huge deal since it was only surface rust, but it made me think about the complete lack of care on their part.