Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - UPS Delivery stolen?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 09:03 AM   #10 (permalink)
kaborkian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
I really hate that UPS/FedEx does this. Really? You're going to leave my snowboard that is in a big-ass box on my front porch for the world of thieves to see? The above poster is correct. They require a signature for big purchase items. How else are they going to prove it was even left on the porch? Because for all you know then, the UPS driver took it himself/herself.

For future reference though, as we all know they won't do ish about changing their system... Leave a note on the front porch noting to please leave item out of sight in your back porch or something. If you live in an apartment, leave a note asking for it to be left at the office.

When I ordered my board in 2007, UPS left it outside in the cold. When I took the board out, the edges were completely rusted over. I'm assuming it was due to it being in a warm truck/warehouse then being left in the cold soon after. Wasn't a huge deal since it was only surface rust, but it made me think about the complete lack of care on their part.
If UPS didn't drop stuff on my doorstep, I'd never get anything. No one is home most of the time when UPS comes by. I personally love the policy.

There's little risk for me. Nothing has ever been stolen, and even if that should happen, it's on the shipper or UPS to make it right.

Another thing to consider is the time it takes for a driver to get a signature. Let's say a driver stops at a couple of hundred houses in a day. 200 signatures x even 30 seconds would add almost 2 hours to his day. Do that to EVERY ups truck out there, and UPS just added 20% to their labor cost. Who do you think will pay for this? UPS? Not likely...they will go up on rates and WE pay for it. Oh yea...free shipping? No. The shippers will go up on their products to cover it.

For those who live in less than safe neighborhoods, tell your shipper to check the "signature required" box. Done deal.
kaborkian is offline   Reply With Quote