Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2010 K2 Slayblade: The Toyota Camry of snowboards..
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 06:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
gauntlet09

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverK20A3 View Post
Now for the not so good stuff: Zero camber, as I observed it, makes the board really stable for speed, turns, and landings, but makes the ride absolutely boring for cruising groomers. As it has no camber, it doesn't have the vibrancy of a camber board. For a lack of a better word, you feel really desensitized riding it. It's a strange sensation I'm not accustomed to.
I read this review before I bought my 2011 Slayblade (I've been on it twice so far). Your quote about it feeling "boring" seemed strange to me, but after riding it, I have to agree. It really is a strange feeling. Especially after riding a 1998 K2 Fatbob for the last 13 years. Although I think I'm getting used to it. I've found that I just have to push my riding harder, faster, steeper, bigger etc...to acheive that feeling of "vibrancy" as you call it...and the board both forces and allows you to do just that. But I definitely feel like I could take a nap while cruising a blue circle or green square.
gauntlet09 is offline   Reply With Quote