Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Can anyone double backflip/cork in here?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 07:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
GODSPE3D

I can do them, and I will tell you, do "not" huck it. I had 9 painful attempts my first year learning before landing my first(hucking off jumps I could do huge regular backs off of, getting a lot less air and either a neck landing or digging the nose of my board in at 1 3/4 of a flip and falling forward. Hard.), Since I have landed all but 3 of the rest of my attempts, and the last falls were just from being off balance but still landing on my board. First if you huck it, you obsorb the jump, and yes you'll spin fast but wont get the air you need to make it all the way around. find a "lippy" big jump to do it off of, I would recommend 40ft gap min. and 8+ foot take off from the ground. After that use the jump to pop like normal and then throw your shoulders back quite hard once taking off your tail, making sure you "pop" and not "huck". then tip you head back even further until the 1 1/2 part of the flip, only now should you attempt to look for your landing, and then either open up if spinning a little fast, but usually the first times you'll need to suck you front knee in as far as you can to clear the nose on the landing. then Muscle your legs thru the landing to stick it!
GODSPE3D is offline   Reply With Quote