Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Your Snowboard Vehicle.
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 05:02 PM   #627 (permalink)
StarCommand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokehaus View Post
Word. If you drove a jetta and had a winter set and a summer set then you already know whats up.

The conti pros are some pretty good tires and many of the new VW's come with them and I never saw any problems. (I am a VW tech)

I am a VW head myself. My whip is a 2004 24v vr6 GTI. I hope you enjoyed your jettas before you traded for some AWD fun.
I did. I liked my first one better. I sold it because I thought I was moving to NYC indefinitely, and then I ended up coming back home and needed another car. I picked up a used '05 Jetta, but the dealer was shiesty and I think it was in a front end collision because it just never drove as well as the '01. It was REALLY, REALLY hard to get rid of it. It took a good month of driving the Subaru before I was okay with it. And I had the Jetta in the driveway for a month or so trying to sell it, and I always made someone else drive it keep the battery charged up because it broke my heart. Love the steering on VWs.

I test drove the Tiguan before I decided on the Outback. The Tiguan was fun to drive, but it didn't have enough space in it for what I wanted. It's nice to be able to open the back and toss in a bike, and a picnic table, and whatever else is laying around.