Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 12:06 AM   #595 (permalink)
[fly]

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
As long as it doesn't get cold enough to freeze overnight, and as long as it doesn't dump a bunch of rain, conditions will be tolerably slow & slushy

I know the West side got some snow last weekend and earlier in the week but I imagine they also are experiencing some thaw right now so conditions are really going to be day-to-day. Pine Knob the other night was borderline "bad" but I heard it was awesome last night and Alpine Valley today was pretty good & soft slushy.

Pando is pretty limited, all rope tows and park-oriented if I'm not mistaken. If that's what you're looking for, good, but if not, you should probably do Bittersweet.
Awesome! It was quite a shock, driving from the UP to GR, and seeing that the lower peninsula has much more snow than most of the UP that I drove through. I had half a notion to stop at any of the ski areas along the I-75 corridor (I know I can pass Nub's Nob, Boyne, and Caberfae if I take the right exit off of 75), but realized I'd probably just piddle around the bunny hill at any of those spots. I do plan on hitting up some sled hills in the near future to master the basics, a'la Snowolf or Snow Professor's videos. Apparently I've been teaching myself wrong thus far