Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - First Board... would appreciate some help.
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 02:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dialpex

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintedPony View Post
Have you ridden the flat base style boards yet? I am not a fan of them, but there are people that really enjoy them. The stiffenss of the Believer might be a bit much for a beginner so demo or rent one if you can. I like the Burton rocker/rev camber, and I like the way most of their boards handle. It would be my choice from the ones you listed for your skill level, but I haven't ridden the specific boards you listed. I am just making a recommendation based off what I know about the different styles of boards you are considering.

I like the Burton Custom and NS SL as mid-level/expert, do it all boards. I actually just finished researching this when my son wanted a new board that could do it all. Obviously no board is going to dominate backcountry, groomers and park at the same time, but these two boards were what we narrowed it down to. The NS won when "buysnow" had his size for $360 on sale.
I have read nothing but great things on NS stuff but it seems that they don't have many options on my skill level and size.

I listed the boards above but im really looking for a board that could last me for a while and is good on mountain and park. Im not picky and i know that after next season i will have a much better understand of what i really like and what not since i plan on demo'ing a few boards.

I saw that Forum has a couple of nice boards that would fit what im looking for.. as well as Rosignoll... so with that being said... im just looking for more suggestions or other boards people may think would be ideal for me so i can on and read up on them.

Thanks again Pony.
Dialpex is offline   Reply With Quote