Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

parkstar vs park pickle

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  DC5R 
#1 ·
hey guys. im a snowboarder in the east and ive been snowboarding for about 3-4 years now. ive decided that i need to buy a board b/c the rentals ive been receiving lately are just terrible. two boards ive looked into are the k2 parkstar and the gnu park pickle. i need a board that can handle the icy conditions of the east but also handle some slopes with powder. i like to freestyle so the board has to be able to hit rails and jumps, but i also like to freeride down the mountain sometimes. I was wondering if someone could help me decide which of the two would be better suited for me...im also open to any other suggestions as well

#8 ·
I'm riding a park pickle right now and absolutely love it. I can bomb down black diamonds with ease go right into the park to some rails and boxes as well. I've bombed down a couple of groomed iced blue runs and the magne traction helped out tremendously but the board still felt a little loose but that's probably because of my bindings. I have yet to try it on a really great pow day though even though it's been dumping like crazy in Tahoe :(

#12 ·
I had to make a choice earlier this season of a Pickle or a Riders Choice.

There are 2 main differences between the 2. The Pickle has an asymmetrical side cut. Basically the heelside is cut a little deeper to help with turns.

The Riders Choice is a C2BTX, the Pickle is a BTX. Riders Choice is a rocker/camber hybrid.

I got the Riders Choice because I like to rider super fast sometimes. The C2BTX is a lot more stable at high speed. It does well in the park as well as on pow days.

I have had several pow days on my R.C. and It does surprisingly well. It also bombs down icy conditions and doesn't loose the edge.

My wife bought a Girls Pickle and can't keep up with me cause of the chatter when going fast.

Hope that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.