Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Jackson Hole
Thread: Jackson Hole
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 08:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Listheeb21

Default Jackson Hole

Day three (one was a half day) in the books. So far I have about 50k vertical in and am shooting for 100k. So far I have hit all areas of the mountain, with some choice trails left on the checklist (Tower Three, Paintbrush, Alta Chutes). Hiked the Headwall twice, once up the White Spider behind the Gondy and once via Pepi's Bench by Tensleep Bowl. Came down Moccasin and Beartooth. Also hit North Hoback today. Chalky, but bumps were somewhat soft.

I am here visiting a buddy from home, and his local knowledge has been invaluable so far. Keeping me out of real danger, which I need. Don't want to get cliffed out cuz I take a wrong turn! Corbet's has a "goat path" leading into it, so I might be up for that as well since there isn't a 15 foot drop. Also looking into Meet Your Maker.

Met up with kysnowboarder on Saturday for a handful of runs. Don't let him fool ya...he can ride. Just needs some confidence in the steeps, which takes time. I suggested he stay a little more on his front foot while in the moguls so he has better leverage to whip the back leg around to make the turns. If that's incorrect, please let me know.

Any suggestions you have for terrain I should check out, I am all ears! Thanks!
Listheeb21 is offline   Reply With Quote