Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Jackson Hole
Thread: Jackson Hole
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 03:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
MI_canuck

I rode Corbets a couple of weeks ago when in JH. Goat path makes it doable, but still sketchy. I wasn't super graceful, but at least I can say I did Corbets and didn't eat shit. After the goat path, it was pretty straight forward. Steep but fun.

I was only there for 2 days though. First day was warm, second day was snowing - 6" fresh, with 12" in windblown area, but man was it windy and visibility was zero up top off the tram. I wish I would have had the chance to hike (have all my gear), but without "local knowledge" as you said, it's real hard to venture out, not knowing where to really go. But I'll be back there. Loved it - and it sure lives up to it's name.

Alta Chutes definitely fun with some fresh snow, as were Broadway/Downhill. A lot of the stuff off Sublette chair was good that day. Bivouac was good too. Lot of good trees in that general area. I'll have to try the Headwall and some BC out of gates stuff (Cody Bowl, Powder 8, etc) next time I go. I'll get a guide if I have to.

Last edited by MI_canuck; 03-01-2011 at 03:23 PM.
MI_canuck is offline   Reply With Quote