Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Opinion on T.Rice board size I'm buying

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  dice 
#1 ·
I found a great deal on T.Rice boards and here are my options:

157 HP

I'm 6'2 190 lbs 11.5 boots. I ride 156-168 boards, but all my recents have been 164's. I'd like a board that I can charge with YET still playful for spins, trees side trails and maybe even presses (WIP). Which of the above sizes would you pick for this.

I have other boards (so it's not one and only), but not sure if I'm going too short witrh the 157 AND if I should get HP or regular considering I'll likely be buying the 2012 HP 164.5 next year.

Cheers and thnx in advance...

#3 ·
The 157 will be short, but probably pretty playful at your weight, just make sure the waist (258mm) isn't too skinny for your boots.

I ended up ordering the 157 regular, would've liked the HP but it was stretching my budget to afford the regular anyway. I'm about 154lb, so I think it'll ride a bit larger for me. I'm still waiting on it to arrive at my place because UPS dropped the ball during shipping.

Out of curiosity why are you getting a T Rice 2011 and a 2012?

Endeavor High 5 looks like a fast charger that you can size down considerably because it has a really, really long effective edge as a result of the 'flatkick' thing they have going on a tip & tail. But I haven't read anyone in these forums that has ridden one.

#4 ·
Out of curiosity why are you getting a T Rice 2011 and a 2012?
I usually buy late into season and rotate the next year. And I read that 157 blunted is kinda different than teh 164 pointy! They are the same just different size... but hey! :D

I want a playful 157 that can hold it's own on blacks and steeps, hold a good edge and charge hard. And found these T.Rice boards on special. I wish I did not have options... lol :cheeky4:

Anyway... I'm still not sure to be honest if the 157 T.Rice is what I need for a playful board! :confused: So maybe just get the 164 and look for a softer rocker in the 157 range instead!!! dunno. But must decide tonight.

Cheers...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.