Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Salomon Drift RC vs K2 Raygun
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 11:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Kirin

Default Salomon Drift RC vs K2 Raygun

Hi I've been doing a fair bit of research about what board (my first) to get, and going by what is available, have narrowed it down to these two:
- Salomon Drift (Rocker version)
- K2 Raygun

I want a board that I can learn on, but that I won't grow out of too quickly, and I can keep progressing on for at least a couple of years.

Right now I am leaning more towards the Salomon, partly because I get the impression that it might be a little more versatile and last me longer, but more importantly, because I like the graphics better

Other details:
I'm about 67kg (147pounds) / 176cm (5'9)
Boot size 27.5cm (9.5US)

I want a board that is pretty versatile and I can learn a variety of things on (butters, tricks, small jumps, etc, etc). Not really sure what style of boarder I am yet, but probably will spend most of my time on groomed runs, and maybe try some tricks.

I'm also wondering if it is a good idea to buy now or wait for next season (I will probably only get a chance to go once or twice more this season)....

What do you guys think?
I'm open to other ideas too, but I live in Japan, so some boards aren't available here.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks!
Kirin is offline   Reply With Quote