Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Good and Bad with Rocker?
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 04:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
j3n5

i tested the K2 Turbo dream with the same type of rocker as Raygun for a day in both fresh snow and icy conditions. It handled pow very nice and floated well (i also rode a size smaller than usual). Turns in pow were easy to initiate. The board felt quite soft but held the edge in icy condition surprisingly well. It was very playful, quite easy to butter and, as you describe Raygun, forgiving in landings. It had decent pop (maybe because of the carbon torsion forks).

Cons was that it felt a little bit unstable at high speed on groomers. I want my board to be aggressive on groomers. K2s all terrain rocker didnt match up. But in every other way it was a really fun board.

Im quite new on rockerboards to. But ive been on cambered boards for at least 18 years. This season i finally gave rockertech a chance and tested several boards. My own conclusion is that rocker is so much more fun! im not planning on going back to regular chamber, my Nitro Gullwing holds an edge as well as most cambered boards. Its stable at high speed to and its fun and forgiving as well. i really cant find any disadvantage over cambered boards if you find a rocker that suits your ridingstyle. Maybe if youre hitting moviesized kickers you need a cambered board to cut your landing, otherwise rocker or hybrid rocker will be more fun if you do more than turning on groomers. And thats my opinion..
Burton Idiom
j3n5 is offline   Reply With Quote