Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - which 08/09 magnetraction board?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 12:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
DuncanShea

Default which 08/09 magnetraction board?

So I am looking to next season for a new board after my first season. Any advice is very much appreciated.

I bought my first board on clearance--for the new board, I want to buy at retail from my local shop. So I am passing on all the great clearance deals now (most painfully, the Gnu Altered Genetics at Sierra). The local shop is great and this is one of the best ways I know how to support it.

I mostly ride a small local hill with artificial snow and (usually) icy conditions. So I am sold on Magnetraction.

I am 6'1" and 175 lbs. My current board, which I love, is a Palmer Pulse 162, set up with Flow NXT-FS bindings. I also have a pair of Rome Targas (currently on the Palmer while the NXT-FS are repaired).

For the new board, I want to go smaller (perhaps 155) with Magnetraction, so as to supplement and not replace my current board. The new shorter board will probably get the freestyle Flow NXT-FS bindings, with the Palmer paired with the Targas.

So for Lib-Tech, I am trying to decide among various freestyle/AM models with MTX (further suggestions welcome):

Skate Banana
Dark Series
Travis Rice
TRS w/ MTX

Regarding size, is 155 too short for me?

Regarding Banana technology: is it suitable for icy conditions or is it more for powder and rails? If it is suitable for ice, then I would love to take a chance on it. I do a little wakeboarding and wakesurfing so the looser feel of the Bananna is appealing.

I am not as familiar with Gnu boards.

Thanks in advance for any/all advice.

2011 Ride Insano boots w/ redhot Superfeet insoles

Stance +15/-15 @ 24"

Last edited by DuncanShea; 02-25-2008 at 05:53 PM.
DuncanShea is offline   Reply With Quote