Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - which 08/09 magnetraction board?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 11:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Default which 08/09 magnetraction board?

So I am looking to next season for a new board after my first season. Any advice is very much appreciated.

I bought my first board on clearance--for the new board, I want to buy at retail from my local shop. So I am passing on all the great clearance deals now (most painfully, the Gnu Altered Genetics at Sierra). The local shop is great and this is one of the best ways I know how to support it.

I mostly ride a small local hill with artificial snow and (usually) icy conditions. So I am sold on Magnetraction.

I am 6'1" and 175 lbs. My current board, which I love, is a Palmer Pulse 162, set up with Flow NXT-FS bindings. I also have a pair of Rome Targas (currently on the Palmer while the NXT-FS are repaired).

For the new board, I want to go smaller (perhaps 155) with Magnetraction, so as to supplement and not replace my current board. The new shorter board will probably get the freestyle Flow NXT-FS bindings, with the Palmer paired with the Targas.

So for Lib-Tech, I am trying to decide among various freestyle/AM models with MTX (further suggestions welcome):

Skate Banana
Dark Series
Travis Rice

Regarding size, is 155 too short for me?

Regarding Banana technology: is it suitable for icy conditions or is it more for powder and rails? If it is suitable for ice, then I would love to take a chance on it. I do a little wakeboarding and wakesurfing so the looser feel of the Bananna is appealing.

I am not as familiar with Gnu boards.

Thanks in advance for any/all advice.
2008 LibTech Dark 157 with Union Force bindings (mod with Burton toe strap).
2010 Bataleon Green 161 with Rome Targa bindings.
2007 Palmer Pulse 162

2011 Ride Insano boots w/ redhot Superfeet insoles

Stance +15/-15 @ 24"

Last edited by DuncanShea; 02-25-2008 at 04:53 PM.
DuncanShea is offline   Reply With Quote