Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Turn Trasitioning with back foot "ruddering"
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 06:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
KonVex

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasmasyean View Post
I think you're talking about skidding. If you used "appropriate edge pressure to pull you arround", you're prolly just skidding a lot during the end of your turn. Carving (only using lean) to turn the board is actually hard for beginners. This makes a thin line track and you need to balance real good on your toes and heels. Skidded turns are normally the turning you learn first...and as you become better, you can reduce the duration of each skid to link to the next turn. Usually ppl skid a lot heelside at first.

"Ruddering" is actually a pretty advanced technique and it's not that easy so I do as a beginner. You will know you are "ruddering" if you use your arms counter-roate the board in the opposite direction, more used in steeps and moguls and trees by some ppl. It enables fast edge switching without dwelling too much in the "in between turn state". Othen it's used to stop or deflect your board before you run into something too.
yea..on blue trails or when i have a lot of speed sometimes i could feel my back foot lift off the snow
KonVex is offline   Reply With Quote