Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Arbor Draft/Westmark/Coda

8K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  DBLdangerTILT 
#1 ·
I've been researching boards throughout the season. Trying to get a feel for what direction I'd like to go for my second board. My main stick is a 159 Ride Agenda 2010 (camber). It's a good board and has treated me super well so far. With a background in skateboarding and wake boarding, It's inevitable that I want something more flextastic and playful.

So I'm torn between the three. I've already found deals on 2 of the 3. I'm having problems finding a Coda in a size that I'd be comfortable at. I think with the Coda I'd have to go to 161. It's not a deal breaker, but at 170 lbs I think it's a little big for a butter board. I'm nervous to go below 159 because I'm 6' 3". I've tried a 157 and I just didn't feel the same level of comfort. Maybe I just need to spend more time. Also the Coda is a little more all mountain and I'm not as worried about all around riding since I'll always bring both with me when I ride.

Basically looking for suggestions from Arbor fans. I know Nivek & BA are both fans of the brand. Just looking for .02 on the direction to go.

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
Also, I apologize. I searched and found some threads, but still looking for comments if people are willing to make them. The draft sounds like a total park board. And I'm still leaning towards it over the Westmark. Someone convince me otherwise?

#3 ·
I can testify abot Arbor quality./...absolutely love how my A-Frame rides...fantastic board. I got mine "used" (just some scratches).

#4 ·
Haven't ridden myself, but I researched the Coda for a bit after the review on the Angry Snowboarder was pimping it up. Overall it looked like an awesome board, and it's probably my favorite top sheet. Don't know where you're looking for prices, but buysnow has it for $344 in the 161. Good Luck!

#6 ·
I'm still as green as a rookie can be, so I don't think i can help you with that one, but the advice that I was given is that you should get the board that works for your riding style, rather than getting the board and adjusting your style to it. I'm sure others will have a better take, but if the Coda is to big, then don't sacrifice your riding just to get on it. Hope that helps!

#7 ·
At 170 lbs get a 156 Westmark if you wanna ride a ton of park. At 145lbs I could charge comfortably on the 150.

Ride rocker like a skateboard, it will feel different than your camber. Drive between your feet, and ollie more like a skateboard, don't lean'n'load ollie like you would camber.

It is one of my all time favorite boards.

#8 ·
Thank you, sir. Wrong thread to post this, but do you have recommendations for bindings? I was thinking the 390 boss for the canting. Otherwise I could throw my Union Force's on it and get something different for my camber board. Would probably be fine either way. I want to make sure I ask because my last 2 board purchases have ended badly. I'm extremely happy with the Agenda but I thought the one I was getting was the rocker version (this year). Wasn't a deal breaker but it was mildly disappointing since I've got 2 other camber boards at the moment.

#10 ·
I was dead set on the Westmark. Had it added to the cart and ready to go. Good ol' tax return came through and apparently my inner desires were with Never Summer. Evo is out for delivery right now. With an Evo, would you recommend different bindings? I still think the 390 bosses would be a proper fit considering the type of board. Either way, I appreciate your feedback and time.

#12 ·
If it helps, I'll be mounting it up with my Union Forces within the next 2 hours. Going to do a carpet demo to test the flex. I'll post my thoughts if you want to hear them. Like I mentioned before, I've only had pure camber until now. So the flex difference with the R/C should be noticeable.

#18 ·
hands down Arbors grip tech system is the best edge tech Ive ridden on any alt camber board .. the draft is super flexy, light weight, and fun. The westmark is a tad stiffer... IMO if you are used to a stiff board you may want to go with the Westmark ( Im not saying the Westmark is stiff its just that the Draft may be way too soft for someone used to a stiff board) .. you wil find it plenty soft. If you normally ride softer boards go with the Draft

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.