Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Turn Trasitioning with back foot "ruddering"
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 01:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
rasmasyean
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
First, disregard the so called "advice" Ras fed you as it is utter nonsense. He is notorious for giving out horrible and incorrect "advice" as everyone on this site can attest to.

Using the back foot to initiate or rudder your turns is not a good way to snowboard well and is NOT an advanced technique. In fact, it is indicative of a very novice rider who has not really learned how to ride well.
You always claim it as "horrible advice" but I've shown many a video of ppl using these techniques in tough trails and variaous situations. And you always stick to what you perceive as "AASI proper techniques" as like some holy grail of snowboarding, yet I still have not seen any video of tough terrain being tackled by these "theoretical techniques". I know what you are talking about and accept your instructions as valid, but it's situational. And to this date, what I gather is that those teachings are for "teachning" (mostly to ppl who are not tackling tough terrain). But is not practical for all situations. Show me proof and I'll stop my "advance ruddering / counter-rotation advice". But telling all the Youtubers to stop posting their "improper boarding videos", I can't help!

Last edited by rasmasyean; 03-04-2011 at 01:40 PM.
rasmasyean is offline   Reply With Quote