Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton T7 or Custom V?
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 03:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
snowboardr77

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetraveler View Post
pretty big difference in the stiffness between custom V and the T7, and a different camber shape. T7 is traditional camber, custom V is a V rocker.

if you are looking for a really stiff board for flying on groomers Custom X and T7 both fit the bill. mind you, if you have big feet (10/11+) you will have difficulty fitting onto a T7, which has no wide version. custom X on the other hand does have a wide version.

since you haven't owned a Burton before i assume you have no EST bindings. this is binding technology specific to Burton boards - both the T7 and Custom X come only with EST technology so you will need new bindings as well. something stiff and responsive like the C60 or CO2 (both top end and both expensive) at a push maybe the Cartels. either way, it wont be cheap buying into Burton

as an alternative, i would suggest Ride Society or, slightly more expensive, Nitro Blacklight or Nitro Prolight. all stiff, all directional, all traditional camber. good luck!
I meant to put custom X not V I just ordered some c60's from the house board shop.
snowboardr77 is offline   Reply With Quote