Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review of 2011 Artec Gabe Taylor !!!
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 09:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bones308

Default Review of 2011 Artec Gabe Taylor !!!

Hello everybody, this is my first post here, long time lurker. I just wanted to do a review of this board since there seems to be very few reviews or information on this board, and when I was looking for reviews on this board before I bought it, I couldnt find squat! so here goes:

Board: Artec Gabe Taylor 163 Wide (it also comes in regular sizes, I just got bit feet)

My specs: 6' 195 Lbs.

Conditions tested in: Groomed runs, Powder, Hard pack

First off, I would like to say that I abosolutley loved this board, and it surprised the crap out of me! My last board was a Burton Custom and in my opinion I liked this board much better than my custom. I bought this board because I needed a new one but was on a budjet and couldnt spend more than $350 on a board, and I got it for $300. So for the money, this board really performs, plus it has a sintered base and is super fast. It has traditional camber and I would like to say that this thing can carve its ass off! Super smooth carves fast or slow, it did it all very well. It also held a super good edge better than the Burton ever did in my opinion. In the powder, it was very similar to my Burton did very well for a cambered board and I loved it there too. Cant say how it did in the park as I am not a park rat but I did hit a couple jumps with it and holy crap this thing is super stable! That also surprised me. It seems to have a medium flex to it so it pretty much handled everything that I used it for very well, even in super fast hard carves It held its line very well, like it was on freaking rails. I am loving everything about this board right now.
So if you are in the market for a new board and you want an excellent DO IT ALL board that will (in my opinion) perform as well or better than others in the 500 to 600 dolloar range, I would definately reccomend an Artec Gabe Taylor!

If anybody has any questions for me on how it rode, let me know, I will be glad to answer.
Bones308 is offline   Reply With Quote