Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 08:58 PM   #658 (permalink)
david_z
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
There's another smooth log to the far left of a run. You have to get a lot of speed going to be able to hit it though because you lose a lot on the approach.
There's a massive log on the left of the run (Megan's Way/Tammy's Turn) going down to the North Face quad, it's basically at the bottom and very hard to hit because of the speed issue. This one? There is also a drop area there where you can shoot through the woods between these trails and come out on a small drop.

The other log I can think of in the trees you can see from The Ridge chair. It has been there for as long as I can remember, so, basically since they built that chairlift in the early 2000's. There are probably other logs scattered about especially in the gladed areas

Dirt gaps & transfers are usually found on Little Vincent trail, but again there area handful of places to find this sort of feature scattered about the mountain, but this is usually the most reliable because of the way the run is shaped. There are also some good natural tranny in a few places which is good for practicing blocks and spins & stuff

I just read their park setup it sounds good, about as good as it's been in years with a respectable jump line, beginner & advanced park areas.
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote