Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

My 270 Faceplant...

4K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  Madyui 
#1 ·
I was debating whether to put this video in the slam section or the tips and tricks section...Decided to put this video here since I might get some constructive feedback in this section. I can actually stomp bs 3's now but they aren't very consistent.

anyways, hope everyone has gets a good laugh out of this.... enjoy :D

YouTube - 270 Faceplant

#4 ·
SA is the best place to get an idea of what to do. i had bs 360's down and then 2 weeks later i totally couldnt land one and it was like that for 3 weeks then i watched their video and the first try after that video i landed a perfect 3. but practice makes perfect unless u try to hard then it makes you worse

#6 ·
Thanks SAddiction

i've actually watched those videos already but I confused creating a platform with just carving into the jump. too bad my seasons pretty much over but i'll work on this next season.

as for losing the back pack.. no can do.. i've been riding w/ a backpack for so long, it feels weird without one.

#7 ·
as for losing the back pack.. no can do.. i've been riding w/ a backpack for so long, it feels weird without one.
It's throwing off your center of gravity. it will feel weird for the first day or two without a backpack (been there, done that). Then you'll be over it. Now, it feels weird for me to ride with a backpack and I only do it if I'm riding all-day out west and want to carry a bunch of shit with me like extra layers, camera, lunch, etc.

#8 ·
will it help if i get a smaller lower profile camelpak? instead of losing it all together? my current backpack is kinda lose fitting. lol if you can't tell, i've grown attached to my backpack. but yeah i'll give no backpack a go too if that's the best bet. especially for park days.

#12 ·
you were winding up too early and falling short mid-air... looks to me like you were spotting the landing too early cutting your head and trunk rotation. somehow, it looks like the right arm was keeping you from doing a full 360 at the 00:10 mark flailing backwards.

#15 ·
thanks everyone, this is really helpful. i'll keep all this in mind if i get a chance to go one more time. i'll work on that platform and prewind a little later or release my prewind a little later. also a work on my spotting and probably commit to the trick more. i think i yelled ohh crap before i even got any rotation in so something felt off as soon as i was in the air :S

#18 ·
Hahaha... you should see my pre-wind you would shit your pants.... I like.... grip the sides of my jacket and on the lip release like a damn roflcopter.... It sounds stupid and it's a bad description I guess but it looks fucking epix.... You're expecting like... a 720 from how wound I am and a wild 360 appears... I don't take chances with winds.

#22 ·
i use a backpack most of the time. its really useful since i usually park at the bottom of the mountain and take the bus up.

Things i put in it:

Extra layers, or layers that ive shed off during the day
second pair of gloves, or if im wearing mittens, ill throw some park gloves in there just in case.
Snacks like nutrition bars and water mix-ins
Tools
Car keys
Board lock

That would be a lot of stuff to put in jacket pockets.

#23 ·
I don't know how to spin backs yet, but, to me, it looks like your doing a 180, then trying to add another 180 in mid air, which is physically impossible. My tip is just to spin as much as u can when u leave the jump and just hold still, don't move an inch till you see the landing then stomp it :D.

#24 ·
hey guys, took everyones advice and rode without my backpack today. struggled a little bit to find my balance at first but once I got used to it, it felt awesome! so much lighter and I had much better control of my board.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.