Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Should I trust Rome's binding rotation settings?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Deus 
#1 ·
I decided to tinker with my bindings tonight since I can now gear up my Element as my freeride deck and my Evo for freestyle. I'm fairly certain that I have the heel loop, straps, and binding angles where I want them or I'll know what adjustments to make should they be necessary.

Where I'm looking for help is on the highback rotation. Here are my binding settings (regular):

Element/Targa L +18 R -3
Evo/390 Boss L +15 R -12

Looking at the Evo, I just tried to align the top of the highbacks to be parallel to the board edge, as you see in the pictures. On the Element, I adjusted the highback according to Rome's instructions on angles, that is, my left binding set at what Rome calls 12 degrees, and the right binding at what Rome calls 4 degrees. However, that clearly curls the outside of each binding upward and leaves only the inside parallel to the board edge. Is that right? When I step in on carpet it feels decent but I'm mostly pressing the inside of each highback. Just wondering if anyone else has tried Rome's recommendation and if so what you thought. I had my Targas pretty much at 0 degrees before without problems, just tinkering and maybe this will answer someone else's question too.

Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I thought they looked that way too, but they're rotated according to Rome's specs. Has anyone ever followed those? I knew a bad photo could make the highbacks look over-rotated; I took care to shoot these photos all at the same height/angle/distance, so it's not an illusion.

#4 ·
i always rotate my highbacks to be even with the side edge, but really i think the only time it would ever matter is if you were riding a binding with an extremely stiff highback. It might dig into your boot and cause a pressure point. If your highbacks are on the softer side then they will conform to your boot and it wont matter what angle theyre at.

#6 ·
Thanks, I came to that conclusion too, I've already readjusted my Targas back closer to where they were. Agreed that typically what they refer to as only 4* or 8* is enough in most cases to achieve the desired effect. Makes me wonder if they've ever set up bindings according to their instructions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.