Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help on Waxing?!?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 03:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Nefarious
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Because I was no help on your skullcandy question, I'll help here.

Everyone has it right so far. The one thing I"ll recommend is to hit up the edges of your board with a second round of wax. I've found that when I don't, my edges dry out faster. From one newish rider to another, I assume you're still using a decent amount of skidded turns. This causes more friction and thus wears the wax off your edges at a much faster pace. The extra bit will ensure that your edges have a decent buildup and will hopefully prevent them from drying out as quickly.

Also, are you using Flouro or Graphite wax? Flouro lasts longer than graphite. (never used Dakine so hopefully this isn't a stupid question). If it is graphite, I'd get some base cleaner and give it a fresh rub down after every outing. I tried to get 2 days out of graphite at my local mountain (icepack/snowpack) and I felt myself getting slower as the day went on.